November 27, 2020 3:46 pm
Written by Byron Henry Jr
Executive Board 2020-2021
The St. Rose’s Alumni Association welcomed a new Executive Board at its Annual General Meeting on Saturday, October 17, 2020. This fiscal year, because of the COVID pandemic, the meeting was rescheduled from April. Alumni in attendance at the Zoom meeting were updated on the financial standing of the association by the Treasurer, Compton Grose and committee reports were shared. The moderator of the afternoon’s event was Ingrid Thomas-Clark. Kenrick Thomas, Chair of the Board of Governors informed alumni of the present status of the reconstruction of the St. Rose’s building.
Unfortunately, our Annual Brunch Honoring Males was cancelled because of the COVID pandemic. We are optimistic that it will happen on June 26, 2021. Here are the projects which the Association funded or supported this year.
- Annual Scholarship Awards to students for outstanding CSEC and CAPE examination results;
- Class of ’79 fundedd a freezer and water cooler for the Home Management Room;
- Sponsored the 2019 Teacher’s Holiday Staff Dinner;
- Sponsored a state of the art IT technology room with Smartboards;
- Funded the 2019 Teacher’s Holiday Staff Dinner;
- Donated forty laptops and sixty tablets to faculty and students to cope with remote learning;
- Funded a cellular phone, cellular protective case, laptop with mouse and backpack for a visually impaired student;
- Funded two water coolers and two five gallons water for the Staff Room;
- Purchased Robotic kits for students participating in Stem Guyana;
- Provided learning materials and supported the return ticket for the PE Teacher from Jamaica at the beginning of the COVID pandemic