Top students from the Caribbean are presently in Belmopan City, Belize to receive their awards.
URGENT AND IMMEDIATE REQUEST
A fire occurred in the early evening of Tuesday, July 14th, 2015 within the compound of St. Rose’s High School.
The fire occurred on the Ground floor of the middle concrete building also known as the Marion Wing and began in the preparatory room of the Biology lab which is adjacent to the actual laboratory area. The Fire Inspectors etc. believe the origins may have involved the New Refrigerator since this is always on and stores chemicals which cannot be stored at room temperature. That fridge, the electrical wiring and fixtures leading to it were all burnt beyond recognition after the fire. We should be thankful for the fact that the building was concrete mostly (except for the floor above and the ventilation shutters) as this and the fire resistant ceiling material were the only real controllers of the fire until it was extinguished by the Fire Service who responded promptly as it was an extremely hot fire.